Fall 2017 Purpose City Groups
This Fall we are looking at City Church’s Purpose as Christians. Using an adaptation of Purpose Driven Life: Why on Earth am I Here For?, City Church will spend 12 weeks focusing on the Purpose of why we do what we do as followers of Christ. Pastor Shannon will spend the first 6 weeks on Sunday mornings following the Purpose Study Guide, and then City Groups will spend time talking about how we live it out as a community. The remaining 5 weeks (one week is a break week) will be reinforcing what was learned in weeks 1-6 in a practical and active way. There are three types of Purpose City Groups:
1. Purpose City Groups
- Follows the Purpose Driven Life Curriculum for 6 weeks
- Uses Purpose Study Guide
- Follows Sermon Discussion Questions
- Watches Corresponding Videos
2. Lite Purpose City Groups
- Free Market City Group
- Use provided Study Guide from City Church for first 6 weeks.
- Follow Sermon Discussion Questions
- Maintain same theme the Sunday sermon follows
3. N2IT Purpose City Group
- N2IT Free Market Group (Running Groups, Foodie Groups, Movie Group, etc)
- Short devotions that follow Sunday Sermon discussion questions for first 6 weeks.
All City Group leaders will receive a copy of the book Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? as a free gift for leading this session. We believe that this Fall session will springboard City Church into a deeper encounter with God, with each other, and in the Chattanooga community.